Re: [linux-audio-dev] more hdsp stuff

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] more hdsp stuff
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_op.net)
Date: Sat Jul 06 2002 - 01:03:08 EEST

>Just unwrapped my new thinkpad, so I am thinking of ordering the cardbus
>interface for my hdsp. Has anyone gotten the cardbus to work with the
>digiface box?

it works (orm has reported it working). it seems very dependent on the
kernel, cardbus utilities and possibly the underlying hardware. if
these 2 succeed with their task of making the pcmcia card appear like
a normal PCI device, then everything proceeds as normal. several
people have combinations of these 3 that fail at this goal.

>As for the pci/digiface system I currently have, it seems that even
>with the latest cvs code, I still need to unload/reload the hdsp module,
>before Jack is able to use the device. I dont remember the exact

i believe i have already told you that i fixed this, but have not yet
submitted the patch because i am trying to fix the lack of output issue.

>message, but I can post it later if it would help. There is no audio
>output, until I load the rme modules, reboot, and reload the modules.
>After which everything seems to work fine. Any ideas on where to look
>for debug info would be greatly appreciated.

orm did some great detective work. the cardbus/pcmcia version works,
but when it stops, it seems necessary to eject the card then reload it
again. this fixes the output problem. i am hoping to try out an
equivalent process (which you have outlined above), one way or
another, tonight.

--p