Re: [linux-audio-dev] Exact description of PCM system for ALSA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Exact description of PCM system for ALSA
From: Philipp Vollmer (vollmer.philipp_AT_t-online.de)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 11:14:49 EEST

Thank you very much. The description is very good but I'm actually
searching for a description of the PCM system.
For example:
When I want to send a signal like this:
         -
     - -
----------------------------------------------- 0 V
                       - -
                              - -
                                        -
What bytes will I have to send in the writei buffer?
And what header information ... will I have to send before
I can send the data.
Perhaps there are some examples for e.g. frequency mesurement.
This is the kind of application I want to develop but the problem is I have no
idea how this would be possible.
Are there (commercial) documentations about this ( I think
the PCM system will have to be the same for OSS or Windows Access ).
So I only need the PCM descrition and perhaps, but I didn't find it yet,
ALSA specific.

Best regards
Philipp Vollmer