Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADPSA v1.1 SDK Provisional Release#

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADPSA v1.1 SDK Provisional Release#
From: Joern Nettingsmeier (nettings_AT_folkwang-hochschule.de)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 01:17:41 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 10:23:19 +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > Well - why not just extend struct LADSPA_Descriptor by
> >
> > /* This member indicates an array of default values for the ports,
> > if LADSPA_HINT_HAS_DEFAULTS is set. Valid indices vary from 0
> > to PortCount-1. */
> > float * PortDefaults;
>
> I dont think thats much less kludgy myself, but hey.

correct me if i'm wrong, but the whole thing boils down to "physical
markup" vs."logical markup" imho.
some folks like to say "make it zero", others prefer "make it as low as
possible".

i'd prefer the latter, but i can see it's more complicated to do and
does not buy anything if you don't care for the sex appeal of a true
logical markup.

and btw, binary compatibility is an issue, given the fact that LADSPA is
slowly moving into distros (namely SuSE).