Re: [linux-audio-dev] priority inversion & inheritance

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] priority inversion & inheritance
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 16:01:29 EEST

>From: yodaiken_AT_fsmlabs.com
>>
>> I agree. That's why it is needed. And for realtime threads SCHED_FIFO/RR
>
>You lost me there. A RT scheduler is needed for RT tasks.

You're selling RT Linux, right?

The standard Linux in our application can be considered as
a real-time system because audio cards etc. are RT systems.
Even in a true RT system our software applications may fail
to execute. The difference is in where we are tuning the system.

Anyway, this discussions is very useful.

Best regards,

Juhana