[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and many control parameters.

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA and many control parameters.
From: Jürgen Zimmermann (jnzimmer_AT_informatik.uni-kl.de)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 09:53:28 EEST

As already stated, I am a newbie on this list, so never mind if my
questions
are stupid...

As I am interested in software synths, I wonder how e.g. the parameters
of a synthesizer like the DX7, can be handled using LADSPA.
The DX7 has several (>80) parameters to set, and it seems to me a bit
of an overkill to export and manipulate each parameter using a control
port.

Wouldn't it be sufficient to know the index of the parameter and
change/get
values using two generic access functions like (pseudo-code):

void set_parameter_value(Handle, ParameterIndex, ParameterValue)
LADSPA_Data (*get_parameter_value)(Handle, ParameterIndex);

So long,
  Jürgen

 Jürgen Zimmermann               Department of Computer Science
 jnzimmer_AT_informatik.uni-kl.de   University of Kaiserslautern
 Phone: +49 631 205 3280         P.O. Box 3049
 Fax:   +49 631 205 3299         67653 Kaiserslautern, Germany
 WWW:   http://wwwdbis.informatik.uni-kl.de/staff/Zimmermann/