Re: [linux-audio-dev] Call for submissions - Quicktoots.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Call for submissions - Quicktoots.
From: Martin Wolters (martinw_AT_atc.creative.com)
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 22:11:38 EEST

I am working on an introduction to digital audio signal processing
research and development on Linux hosts. The audience will be
researchers/engineers who know about digital audio signal processing in
general and who have probably done programming on Windows for a while
already. The article will give an overview of the Linux way of
programming, it will introduce different solutions to common problems
(e.g. portaudio, alsa, jack, libsig++, ....) and will provide complete
source code examples (that can be build to an executable) for the
introduced solutions. The article will also feature cross-platform
solutions. Hopefully most of the examples compile on Linux and Windows
hosts.

I don't think it will interfere with specific quicktoots for Jack or
other topics since it will not explain all the details. But it will
probably contain links to those references.

The source of the document is in docbook at this point but I am not
ready for a release yet. It's great to coordinate this effort and I am
looking forward to some proof reading. Other suggestions or coments are
welcome.

-M

--
Martin Wolters