Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Defaults via RDF

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Defaults via RDF
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 21:26:53 EEST

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Steve Harris wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:49:05 +0200, Richard Guenther wrote:
> > Hi Steve!
> >
> > I really like it! Also it opens up a lot of other possibilities in the
> > future like GUI hints, etc.
>
> Yes, it should also provide a tree of plugin categories, but I haven't
> defined that yet.
>
> So, that seems to be one for and one against.

Thought the other comment was against dropping "native" defaults support
with ladspa v1.1, not against RDF in general. As you noted RDF will be
useful for stuff v1.1 does not handle, such as
- presets
- categories
- exchanging "feature compatible" plugins
- ...

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/