Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.
From: Taybin Rutkin (trutkin_AT_physics.clarku.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 23:30:07 EEST

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Juan Linietsky wrote:

> So, what do you think about this issue? I'd really like to hear views
> on this since i guess it's probably
> the biggest problem the audio community is facing.

I've always thought that JACK should include some sort of state management
API. It sounds to me that you've just described the perfect JACK mixer
app that we've been waiting for. I'm not sure if a seperate metadata
server is necessary. I think that this sort of thing should be an
extension of JACK.

Taybin