Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] App intercomunication issues, some views.
From: Vincent Touquet (vincent.touquet_AT_pandora.be)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 00:55:37 EEST

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 04:44:00PM -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 05:18:46PM -0300, Juan Linietsky wrote:
>> I think this can be solved by developing a metadata protocol between
>> apps, so the can intercommunicate
>> status and other things, and having a "master" app that manages
>> projects and things like that, by just
>> retrieving/storing status in the other apps.
>
>Yes yes yes yes. We *need* something like this.

Hm, yes I can see the point of this.

I was thinking: isn't it enough that programs
can store their own state ? Obviously what is
lacking is the relationship between the saved
states of _different_ programs, who form
a semantic entity, called a 'project' or sth. :)

Cut the expensive words, but we sure have a
need here i guess which transcends the
individual app level ...

[couldn't find a cheap substitute for transcends ;)]

regards
vini