Re: [linux-audio-dev] TK-707 and Alsa-0.9

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] TK-707 and Alsa-0.9
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 01:01:40 EEST

mawali_AT_news.icns.com wrote:

> Has anyone tried to get TK-707 compiled for Alsa .9. It looks like an excellent program.
>
> Anyone knows how big an effort would it be to port it to 0.9.

Funny you should ask. I have three very small patches by Takashi Iwai
for the TK707 sources that enable compiling with ALSA 0.9, correct the
Ports window behavior, and adds sliders for the Port windows. I'll send
the three of them to your email addy.

Btw, I'm currently using it on a laptop with no on-board synth. Well, it
does have an OPL3 chip, but I wondered about setting up TiMidity++ as an
ALSA sequencer client and wiring it to TK707 so I could access the nice
drum sets available for TiMidity. A little trial and error, an upgrade
to TiMidity 2.12.0-pre1, and now I can send TK707's output to TiMidity.

You can learn more about TiMidity at Takashi's Timidity-HOWTO:

        http://www.boosthardware.com/LAU/guide/TiMidity-howto.html

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org