Re: [linux-audio-dev] using SB Live (emu 10K1) for realtime sample rate conversion?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] using SB Live (emu 10K1) for realtime sample rate conversion?
From: Takashi Iwai (tiwai_AT_suse.de)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 13:42:00 EEST

At Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:01:39 +0200,
<olaf_AT_expansions.nl> wrote:

> wat i don't understand right now: f.e. the EMU 10K1 chip also offers custom
> sample rates by setting a master clock, but non of the drivers i've seen
> seems to have implemented this...i think this is because of the fact that
> the Creative hardware on which the emu chip is used doesn't cater for
> non-regular sample-rates?

no, it's because no one implemented it :)
(well, it's not master clock, but you can set the pitch for each voice
 individually. dsp does resampling.)

i just posted a patch for controlling the pitch for each pcm substream
to alsa devel ML. please check it out.

this is still not so useful but will be once after we define a
standard api for such functionality.

ciao,

Takashi