Re: [linux-audio-dev] analysis/resynthesis environment? -- and scientific-audio-list?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] analysis/resynthesis environment? -- and scientific-audio-list?
From: Kasper Souren (kasper_AT_industree.org)
Date: Thu Aug 08 2002 - 21:40:15 EEST

Will Benton wrote:
> Hi--
>
> Can anyone recommend an environment or package for analysis/resynthesis?

GNU Octave could be an interesting environment to try. It's meant to be a
Matlab clone. There's also scilab, it's for free, but non-free.

Here at Ircam they mainly use Matlab, but unfortunately I'd have to be
naughty te get it running on my laptop at home. And I don't like that. So
I'd rather try to do the same stuff in Octave, which isn't straightforward.

Something else...

Because there seems to be a lot of interest in scientific topics here
(wavelets!), I wonder whether there's a scientific-audio-list. (Which would
probably be very Linux minded :) Anybody knows one? And otherwise, are
people interested in starting one?

greetz,
Kasper