Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 20:43:54 EEST

Greetings:

  IIRC he states that he'll release the sources when ready. There's
really no telling whether that's a good plan or not, perhaps it depends
on the thing being created ? Closed source was a disaster for TAON but
seems to have worked well for RTSynth. At least BC2K saw its sources
released under the GPL, so further development is not ruled out.

  My latest experiments are bringing me into the thought-domain of "If
it ain't doing ALSA/Jack then it's unnecessarily limiting its utility".
I'm very impressed with Jack's possibilities, would like to see it in
more softsynths...

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://linux-sound.org