Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 21:53:33 EEST

Hi,
Billy Biggs hat gesagt: // Billy Biggs wrote:

> A good start though. My biggest complaint is totally on getting the
> 303 to sound authentic.
>
> Oh, and then the whole licensing thing. Clearly the author has no
> intention of releasing this under a free license, as commercial
> reselling is denied explicitly even for this binary release.

OTOH the 303 code is based on gsynth, which is GPL, and David Singer
writes on the Reborn website, that he will release the source code
soon, after some cleanup. And Reborn definetly needs Jack support
sooner or later.

I'm mostly impressed with the pdf-documentation. Something on such a
professional level is scarce in linux land.

ciao,