Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Reborn
From: Bob Ham (node_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 02:32:04 EEST

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 19:53, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> OTOH the 303 code is based on gsynth, which is GPL, and David Singer
> writes on the Reborn website, that he will release the source code
> soon, after some cleanup. And Reborn definetly needs Jack support
> sooner or later.

If there's GPL code in there, then he's breaking the law if he's not
made the source available on request. The website states:

"The initial release should be considered as a 'black-box' test version.
I am not prepared to release the code until it is ready. I'm sorry if
this is against anyone's principles. Live with it."

There's no such thing as a "black-box test version" with programs that
incorporate GPL'd code. I don't doubt the source will come, but if
there is free code in there, the man is flagrantly violating the GPL at
the moment. This is worrying.

--
Bob Ham: bob_AT_ham.org  http://pkl.net/~node/