Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sweep 0.5.0 -- Scrubby's surprise

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Sweep 0.5.0 -- Scrubby's surprise
From: Conrad Parker (conrad_AT_vergenet.net)
Date: Wed Aug 14 2002 - 09:47:16 EEST

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 10:53:11AM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Great stuff!

thanks, and to everyone who's been involved so far, and to the rest of you
who will contribute soon ;-)

> > More information is available at:
> >
> > http://www.metadecks.org/software/sweep/
> >
> > Thanks to Pixar Animation Studios and CSIRO Australia for supporting the
> > development of this project.
>
> Uhh... forgive me but...
>
> ###### ### # # # ###### ##### ##### ##### #####
> # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # # #
> # # # # # # # # # # # # #
> ###### # # # # ###### ### ### ### ###
> # # # # ####### # # # # # #
> # # # # # # # #
> # ### # # # # # # # # # #

yep, they're now using it in production. They got me to add some features
and fix up some stuff earlier this year, hence all the new energy in this
project :) They're great people to deal with and insisted from the start
that it remain open source.

CSIRO (the national science labs here in Australia) is my regular employer
and have been very supportive of sweep in broader media content and
networking research.

but this is really just the start, if you like it get onto the sweep-devel
mailing list and help out, there's plenty more coding to be done, and it
really is fun to work with :)

yay scrubby!

Conrad.