Re: [linux-audio-dev] analysis/resynthesis environment: python?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] analysis/resynthesis environment: python?
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 17 2002 - 01:01:54 EEST

I wonder if anyone has tried the perl DSP.pm module, or if these scripting
languages are just too slow, I just wonder if basically everything must be
done in C/C++, I have played with javasound, but it requires a large
buffer for clean playback, kinda killing any hope for decent latency. I'm
hungry to get Tritonous to work, that really seems like the best bet for
doing audio programming on linux with something besides just C.