[linux-audio-dev] Gong physical model (was: LADPSA v1.1 SDK Provisional Release#)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Gong physical model (was: LADPSA v1.1 SDK Provisional Release#)
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 03:10:12 EEST

On Thursday 11 July 2002 23.15, Steve Harris wrote:
[...]
> and a gong physical model (very similar code).

Now *that* sounds interesting. What synthesize method(s) is it based
on? Purely real time? Any interesting documents to read?

I'm mostly interested in cymbals and crashes, though, but these
instruments seem to have a lot in common. (I've done some relatively
sucessful experiments with modulated spectra, but those cannot
simulate the chaotic "crash" sound from hard hits.)

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`---------------------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/maia/ -'