Re: [linux-audio-dev] [announcement] Legasynth 0.4.1 is out!

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [announcement] Legasynth 0.4.1 is out!
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 15:40:21 EEST

On Friday 23 August 2002 20.59, Juan Linietsky wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:23:15 -0400
> Dave Phillips <dlphilp_AT_bright.net> wrote:
[...]
> > Legasynth. I've compiled and installed 0.4.1, it works fine, but
> > it appears to not recognize the note-offs from my CZ101 keyboard,
> > so notes hang until I exit Legasynth. IIRC the note-off on that
> > keyboard is actually a note-on with a velocity of 0. Is that how
> > you're handling it or are you using a true note-off ? Any
> > suggestions for a fix ?
> >
> > Best regards,
>
> You know, this is weird. There's two people already who told me
> about this issue.

You must handle *both* NoteOff and NoteOn(0), as it's perfectly legal
for controllers to use either. (NoteOn(0) has the advantage that you
can send it together with other NoteOn messages without sending new
status bytes.)

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`---------------------------> http://www.linuxdj.com/maia/ -'