Re: [linux-audio-dev] Proposal of LADSPA port hint DATA_PRESENT

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Proposal of LADSPA port hint DATA_PRESENT
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 12:30:28 EEST

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 09:14:17 -0700, robbins jacob wrote:
> /* Hint LADSPA_HINT_DATA_PRESENT indicates that the data item should be used
> to signal that the audio stream has stopped. It must be used in conjunction

Personally, I think this violates the S of LADSPA.

From memory, what csound instruments do is indicate an ammount of time
after the note end (ie signal end in this case) that they are required to
be run. This would probably be simpler and more convienent. ie. a
control out that the plugin can use to signal how long it has to be post-
rolled for.

N.B. Matthias Nagorni wanted something similar, per port to indicate
the (dis)connected state of inputs

Another, similar, useful thing would be a control out that the plugin could
use to indicate its input->output latency.

I suspect both of these still exceed the S though. And given how hard it
is to get anyone to agree on LADSPA extensions anyway...

- Steve