[linux-audio-dev] [RFC] On the issue of only loading trusted code (was: RT monitor)

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] [RFC] On the issue of only loading trusted code (was: RT monitor)
From: Roger Larsson (roger.larsson_AT_skelleftea.mail.telia.com)
Date: Sun Sep 01 2002 - 06:28:14 EEST

Stefan wrote:
> 2. if you try to audit all code that gets loaded and executed with RT prio,
> and only load "trusted code", you're facing an endless task
This might actually be an option...

If you let the _server_ examine the code on load / execution.
Since it is possible to intercept external calls - like fopen().

Recent messages show that we even can let the server compile
the plugin - "runtime / compiletime processing proof of concept"
And since it does the compilation it can chose which headers are allowed.

/RogerL

--
Roger Larsson
Skellefteċ