Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] emagic (logic) drops VST support under OS X
From: Brian Redfern (bredfern_AT_calarts.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 02 2002 - 19:49:05 EEST

Things may not actually bode that well for apple, most musicians I know
are still on os9, using protools or cubase and have thousands of dollars
invested in their plug-ins. The beauty of ladspa is that all you invest
is time. I think apple is screwed in the long run because Verizon and
the other major telecoms have teamed up with the techs and the
electronic frontier foundation to absolutely demolish senator fritz
hollings cdpta bill, so it doesn't look like microsoft can get linux.
made illegal.
Sure, ladspa isn't as huge as vst or protools plugins, but slowly but
surely its creeping up on them and eventually the turtle will pass the
exhausted, broke, and being sued by shareholders rabbit.

--
http://www.brianredfern.com
;-)>