Re: [linux-audio-dev] collaborators - Fruity feel-alike

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] collaborators - Fruity feel-alike
From: wires (wires_AT_xs4all.nl)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 02:43:26 EEST

Quoting Robert Jonsson (robert.jonsson_AT_dataductus.se):
> I did some investigations a few years back (time flies) about similar
> things, namely the api's of buzz and friends. Psycle is win32 only, but
> open source, it borrows, API-wise, alot from Buzz (not necessarily a good
> thing though). Might warrant a check.

I've more or less been on the development team of Psycle, but the
current psycle1.6+ code is completely interwoven with win32 gui code. It
seems very hard to seperate this from the core, and the result is that
they started a complete rewrite, called psycle2. The development efforts
on that so far involve gui's using Mozilla's XUL and SVG and stuff like
that, not exactly what I was hoping.

Either way, psycle is a usefull product, and a very friendly tracker,
but the current code is, as it seems to me, almost useless.

good luck
Jelle

--
http://defekt.nl/