[linux-audio-dev] New spiralsynthmodular beta availible

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] New spiralsynthmodular beta availible
From: Dave Griffiths (dave_AT_pawfal.org)
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 17:23:28 EEST

This is a preliminary release of the multithreaded version of ssm which will
eventually use jack as it's main communication with the outside world.

http://www.pawfal.org/Software/SSM/dload/SSM-0.1.2b1.tar.gz

I guess it's more alpha than beta quality, don't download it for musical use,
there are some missing plugins and functionality. The threads arn't even
scheduled or prioritised properly yet, it's proof of concept stuff, but still
a big performance boost.

I just thought I'd post it here in case anybody is interested to take it for a
test drive. It seems pretty stable to me, although there are some known areas
that I need to sort out - see problems.txt in the docs directory.

The makefile attempts to build the jack plugin, which I haven't finished
porting yet, but it shouldn't affect the install.

Cheers,

Dave

: www.pawfal.org :