Re: [linux-audio-dev] Basic information

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Basic information
From: Alexander Ehlert (alexander.ehlert_AT_uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 17:03:47 EEST

Hi,

>> Hi. Could anyone point me to some very basic information to give me
>> some
>> idea of programming for sound in linux.
>
> we can't even begin to answer such a nebulous question i'm afraid.

why not? I would just start to have a look at other sound applications
and
try to understand what they do. That's actually how I did it. And then
you
can get yourself a working installation of alsa and try to build the
existing documentation. In the meantime there's even a small primer,
how to open a sound device and make some noise.

Cheers, Alex