[linux-audio-dev] where do i starts if i wanna develop a mixer console????

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] where do i starts if i wanna develop a mixer console????
From: Vishal (vishal_AT_naturesoft.net)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 11:59:47 EEST

Hi All,
  I just got into oss programming. I have been doing device driver work
in linux, and have always been interested in sound engineering. I am now
thinking of emulating a sound engineering console using a LINUX box. I
know that such work may have been executed before but then...i wanna do
it again!!...
      Any pointers? Where do i start??!!!...what i want to achieve is
multitrack recording,(one track at a time), with controls on the
frequency patches in each track, etc.....
    where do i start??....what UI tool coul i possibly use to generate a
look an feel of a Mixer console? and where can i get programming
resources???....as u can see i am desperate for info...so please help me
if u can!!!!
more power to open source.
regard,
Vishal