Re: [admin] hold it... Re: [linux-audio-dev] New software synthesizer for Linux (free under GPL v. 2)

Subject: Re: [admin] hold it... Re: [linux-audio-dev] New software synthesizer for Linux (free under GPL v. 2)
From: guenter geiger (geiger_AT_xdv.org)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 15:25:03 EEST

On Thu, 26 Sep 2002, Martijn Sipkema wrote:
> I think the question as to whether the "I wish to know that my work will be
> used to praise the name of Jesus" is part of the license is still valid. The
> software
> would be non-free if it is, otherwise it would just be bad taste IMHO.

AFAIK the GPL doesn't allow to additional restrictions regarding the use
of the software, therefore in this case the author is clearly violating
the GPL, hence the software would be basically without a license, and you
are not even allowed to download it.

At least I personally don't consider downloading it.

Guenter