Re: [linux-audio-dev] Patches for TiMidity++

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Patches for TiMidity++
From: Takashi Iwai (tiwai_AT_suse.de)
Date: Wed Oct 02 2002 - 19:44:29 EEST

At Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:57:15 +0100,
Peter L Jones wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to subscribe to Eric A Walsh's TiMidity mailing list but it doesn't
> appear to be working... (or there's too little latency in my patience...)
> So... would anyone be even vaguely interested in...
>
> a) an aRtsd patch (trivial, really)
>
> b) an extension to the "order=o" soundfont parameter to make it somewhat more
> interesting
>
> c) some minor "fixes" (hopefully just code tidy-ups)
>
> d) some documentation I've written while reading the code (I've been trying to
> get a handle on exactly what TiMidity++ does and doesn't do as a soft-synth)
>
> ...being posted to this list? (Feel free to pick'n'choose.)

nice features.

could you give me your patch?

timidity has been developed recently by some japanese people fairly
intensively. most of changes are for windows but effects engine and
the handling of soundfonts are changed since the last pre version
found on timidity's web page.

unfortunately, the development is discussed only in japanese, so if
you don't understand the language, it's difficult to join it...

i'll send the patch to the ml to integrate to the new tree, and put
the resultant patch on my web page for convenience.

Takashi