RE: [linux-audio-dev] meterbridge 0.0.4

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] meterbridge 0.0.4
From: Stoll, Jake (StollJ_AT_logica.com)
Date: Fri Oct 04 2002 - 02:55:25 EEST

> From: Steve Harris [mailto:S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk]

> Not that this is a good thing, it should be fixed. I didn´t
> check to see
> if there was a client name query function. If so I will use
> that, if not I
> will probably just move to always using bridge-<pid>. ¿comments?

The only thing I don't like about the <jack-client-name>-<pid> idea is when
you've got applications (ardour) that try to re-establish previous jack
connections it can't.

I'm not sure that you'd want to do this with the meterbridge but it's
something that needs to be handled if we want to be able to save and restart
a "jack session".

Regards,
Jake.