Re: [linux-audio-dev] Final Scratch, custom kernel? (

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Final Scratch, custom kernel? (
From: J.F.Quackenbush (hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 06:27:30 EEST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 23:07:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: J.F.Quackenbush <hormonex_AT_yankthechain.com>
To: linux-audio-dev_AT_music.columbia.edu

On Mon, 7 Oct I wrote:
records include stereo information by having different sounds on each wall
of the groove. It seems like teh easiest solution would be to just write
SMPTE LTC to one side and something like word clock or black burst on the
other.

<relurk>

I just read this and realize that I was wrong as this reads. One track is
recorded in the depth of the groove, the other in the width, so the needle
vibrates up and down and side to side simultaneously creating two separate
signals. just wanted to clarify.

<relurk again>

--
YankTheChain.com - You can pretend we're not here. That's what I do.