Re: [linux-audio-dev] Final Scratch, custom kernel?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Final Scratch, custom kernel?
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 10:51:42 EEST

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 02:33:54 -0700, Paul Winkler wrote:
> Encoding stereo to an LP is no problem - the needle vibrates along
> two axes. There's a limit to how much stereo separation you can
> get (I forget, it might be like 40-45 dB) but that shouldn't be
> too hard to account for.

OK, but as long as there are no other restrictions on the channels it
should be no problem, something like a saw on one side (to detect speed
and corresponding carrier wave speed), and an AM modulated timecode signal
on the other.

Use the say to calculate the carrier wave for the 2nd channel, then decode
the timecode.

- Steve