Re: [linux-audio-dev] soft synth as a plugin

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] soft synth as a plugin
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:26:18 EEST

On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 09:49:53 +0100, nick wrote:
> No, there is no real "instrument" or "synth" plugin API. but since my
> original post I have been brewing something up. its quite vst-like in
> some ways, but ive been wanting to make it more elegant before
> announcing it. It does, however, work, and is totally C++ based ATM. You
> just inherit the "Instrument" class and voila. (ok, so it got renamed

Hmmm... My experiments with c++, dsp code and gcc (recent 2.96) did not
turn out very well. For some reason the optimiser totaly chokes on c++
code. I only tried one routine, and I'm no c++ expert, so its possible I
screwed something up, but it did not look encouraging. I will revisit this
and also try gcc3, which has much better c++ support IIRC.

- Steve