Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] help for a levelmeter]
From: Len Moskowitz (vze24hrw_AT_verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 15:22:34 EEST

Steve wrote:

> > It's a choice between being amatuer enthusiasts or professionals.
>
> Yes, and I think I like being an enthusiast. The amatuer v's professional
> thing is a bit of a moot point in my case.

With Linux, the enthusiasts are the foundation. Without them (you) nothing
would have been developed to the point that Linux attracted wider attention.

To take it to the next step, it may take the involvement of profit making
businesses. Profit seems to be the incentive in this society to make things
solid enough for to offer a real (read: stable and useful) product.

If we want to see Linux reach a wider audience, the enthusiasts will need to
take roles in those commercial projects as developers, consultants and
advisors, for without them the commercial projects won't get off the ground.
So please encourage them to accept these roles in commercializing their
programs.

Len Moskowitz
Core Sound
http://www.core-sound.com