[linux-audio-dev] good cards/chipsets for full-duplex/low-latency audio

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] good cards/chipsets for full-duplex/low-latency audio
From: Kai Vehmanen (kai.vehmanen_AT_wakkanet.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 00:42:36 EEST

Btw; this a very interesting topic. Please, tell about your
     experiences. By discussing these things in a public forum,
     we are actually creating a nice searchable knowledgebase
     for all current and future ALSA users!

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Anthony wrote:

>> - snd-intel8x0 (nice chipset, is suitable for low-latency use)
> Actually, I've had terrible results with this. It could be due to the
> fact that it got pushed to a higher IRQ by my other card, however.

Hmm, what laptop/soundcard and what version of ALSA (the dma routines were
rewritten quite recently)? It's true that intel8x0 is used quite a few
different laptops/cards [1], so it's possible that not all work as well as
I've experienced, but as it's in any case the same driver on the audio
side, these problems shouldn't be common.

[1] {Intel,82801AA-ICH},"
        "{Intel,82901AB-ICH0},"
        "{Intel,82801BA-ICH2},"
        "{Intel,82801CA-ICH3},"