Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 01:57:39 EEST

On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 11:44:42PM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 10:40:23 -0700, Paul Winkler wrote:
> > Everybody should have at least one good dynamic mic!
> > I've got a Sennheiser 421. An EV RE-20 would be even nicer.
>
> I have an EV dynamic mic, but it is a vocal mic of some kind, and it has
> seen better days, the grill thing round the ouside is dinted and rusty!

I said "good". :)
There is a world of difference between an RE-20 and most dynamic mics.
A few other cool ones are AKG-D220/222/224 (hard to find)
and Sennheiser MD-441 (a bit fragile and very expensive).
Unlike your average stage vocal mic, any of these can make a useable
recording of most source sounds: vocals, drums, amps, acoustic
instruments, animals, trucks....

--PW, refugee from rec.audio.pro

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"