Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Stefan Nitschke (stefan_nitschke_AT_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 14:48:36 EEST

>From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
>On Tue, Oct 22, 2002 at 09:38:26 +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:
> > the problem with converging IIR is that either the IIR or the
> > converging algorithm or both don't like impulses that are too
> > lively. the converger will simply fall dead when it sees an
> > exponentially decaying white noise impulse. it makes sense,
>
>I don't understand why. Is it just beacuse the kernle is a bit too long to
>be stable, or is there someting more to it than that?

When the converger tries to find the best coefficients by using a recursive
error minimation i dont wonder that i may fail here. A IIR is nothing else
as a differential equation solver. As a result you can only approximate kind
of periodic signals i guess. Correct me if i am wrong, its quite a long time
ago
since i learned about linear system theorie and IIR stuff...

- Stefan

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband.