Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] hel p for a levelmeter]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: image problem [was Re: [Alsa-devel] hel p for a levelmeter]
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Wed Oct 23 2002 - 21:37:43 EEST

>> Plus the sound matrix at
>> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/ doesn't say there are problems
>>getting docs from manufacturer.

>Perhaps someone should add a note.

I thin there is right at the bottom of the page. But I will make a more
noticible note.

> professional system or not, I would expect it to be capable running
>browser and mp3 player at the same time (even though I would not
expect >this capability to be used in studio work).

AFAIK this is possible if you use kde or gnome as your desktop and don't
mind having artsd block the interface. Many other desktops support artsd
also but they are usually not installed by default. Hence anyone who can
  install an alternative desktop should also be willing to get the sound
server running if they desire that functionality. This has been the case
for at least the past three years.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem