Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Thu Oct 24 2002 - 02:01:45 EEST

Paul Winkler wrote:

>This is also worth considering, by a guy who's put a lot
>of time into building analog (solid-state) tube amp
>simulators:
>http://home3.netcarrier.com/~lxh2/distampt.html

also the other shots the same guy has (pod distortion
actually sounds quite good imo):
http://home3.netcarrier.com/~lxh2/pod.html

where a sine morphs into something almost perfectly square
as the gain rises (much like your first link's scope
images from the real tube thing).

i'm not sure how to correctly model this clipping in sw.
steve's valve.xml is, afaict, not guaranteed to be band-
limited if we extend it to support this kind of shaping.

nice googling.

tim