RE: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Sat Oct 26 2002 - 00:29:41 EEST

Steve
   Hi. The input impedance of a real amp, along with the output impedance of
the pickups in the guitar, are actually quite sensitive to the loading of
the 1/4" cable going between the two. The volume control is a resistor,
essentially, so you've got an RLC circuit looking into the cable which
becomes a low pass when the resistance goes up.

   I hear all these same things when I use the inputs on the Pro Tools
directly. The Pod Pro has a better input amplifier that's much more matched
to the output levels and impedances coming from the guitar.

   You might try playing around with the length and type of guitar cable.
Try a 5' and a 20'. I can hear differences with my Pod Pro.

Mark