Re: [linux-audio-dev] Free Publicity - DJCJ Linux Audio Developers Tech Support Database.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Free Publicity - DJCJ Linux Audio Developers Tech Support Database.
From: Patrick Shirkey (pshirkey_AT_boosthardware.com)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 09:28:59 EET

Steve Harris wrote:

>I think the frontpage could do with some cleaning up, I'm the last
>person to criticise about srcuffy out-of-date webpages, but I'm going
>to anyway ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

>Its quite hard to read becaues of the gifanims. the one in the top
left >is hard to make out and the page it links to is very out of date.

It's about due for a redo anyway. The info is still pretty vital. Notice
that there have been almost no questions about how fast Linux latency is
since it was put up.

That's true the link is out of date. But it's the only page I know of
which has so much information on the low latency patch. I can't force
Benno to do the work that he has stated would be done.

>The logos along the top are all in clashing styles and many of them are
>aliased.

I cannot do much about the images provided by other sites.

>There are a few too may colours, and mixing red and blue is generally >bad

As in the NZ, Australian, British, French and US flags?

>On my browser there is a mixture of 2 and 3 coloumn layouts which
makes >it very wide and hard to follow.

What is your browser? I have been trying to keep it working with
netscape 4.x, mozilla, IE, lynx.

>Lots of the information on the frontpage should probably be on >subpages.

The aim is to provide access to most of the info with one click and
without having to scroll.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

"Um...symbol_get and symbol_put... They're kindof like does anyone remember like get_symbol and put_symbol I think we used to have..." - Rusty Russell in his talk on the module subsystem