Re: [linux-audio-dev] Free Publicity - DJCJ Linux Audio Developers Tech Support Database.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Free Publicity - DJCJ Linux Audio Developers Tech Support Database.
From: David Forrest (drf5n_AT_mug.sys.virginia.edu)
Date: Sun Oct 27 2002 - 21:54:18 EET

> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> > Does anyone else have any suggestions. Keeping in mind that the site
> > is primarily for new users most of whom expect a graphically dense
> > site at least until they get into the Linux way.
> >
> Graphically dense is one thing, garish is a different story entirely.
> There's a lot of valuable and useful information on the site, but it
> does kind of hurt to look at....
> -dgm

Web-design seems a bit off topic, but...

If you are talking internationalization, instead of a flag, the name of
the language written in the language would be nice. If you are talking
the logo-buttons, some people *really* dislike the animated ones, and they
often look meaningless or bad if the animations are turned off. With the
scrolling and resizing turned off for the top frame I cannot see the ALSA
button unless I widen my browser to 800 pixels it so the full top
frame/imagemap shows. When I'm researching a sofware problem, I really
like to be looking at the problem while I'm browsing for the answer on the
web and the current design doesn't work in either a half-screen
horizontally without continual scrolling, nor in a half screen vertically,
since the top frame uses half the half-window for an imagemap.

Other than that, the content is good.

Dave,

--
 Dave Forrest    (434)924-3954w(111B) (804)642-0662h (804)695-2026p
 drf5n_AT_virginia.edu             http://mug.sys.virginia.edu/~drf5n/