Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 14:30:49 EET

Paul Winkler wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:12:02AM +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
>> the longer the wave is on one side of zero, the more energy is
>> built up that tries to push it back.
>
>Is it just me, or does that sound an awful lot like a hipass
>filter?

this one is supposed to be nonlinear, and quite so. a hipass
is a linear system unless the implementation is screwed up.

it's an interesting pov though, in fact i've been thinking
about algorithms that work like IIR filters (that are often
used for HP/BP/LP) with the addition of nonlinear terms for
recreating the tube distortion. the maths of such a thing are
not easy to grasp though.

tim