Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ann] unmatched - a LADSPA amp tone
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 14:56:34 EET

Paul Winkler wrote:

>On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 02:41:08AM +0100, Tim Goetze wrote:
>> make that pref 200 Hz for me. this and the sine shaper at .4, and
>> tell you what, this sounds very much like, but in fact better to
>> me than the sound i play 90% of the time on the real thing. only
>> drawback is it becomes faint far too quick when turning the vol
>> down at the guitar, the compression woe.
>
>how are you plugging in your guitar?
>if it's a guitar with passive electronics and you're going
>straight to the A/D converter, i'd expect it to be
>overly sensitive to the volume control.

yes, it's passive, two humbuckers. it's going through the
mixer first, the signal's not strong enough to go AD directly.
playing to the control out instead of through the box, the
vol pot sensitivity is what you expect.

>> i've made a quick recording of what this sounds like:
>>
>> http://quitte.de/easy.mp3
>
>Nice!
>is this with ecasound?
>how did you record it - straight from ecasound, or piping
>back out to a speaker / microphone?

i've been using my audio/midi processor for this one. since
it's only ladspa fx, inverters and hipasses, and since i've
ripped the hipass filter coefficient calculation from
ecasound (thanks kai!), it is, as steve put it, 'mathematically
equivalent' to the ecasound command line steve posted (with the
above modifications).

for the recording, the output of '-el:unmatched' is written
straight to the disk, there's really nothing analog involved
after the signal enters the box. huge :)

>I want to get a chance to try this for myself :(
>(too busy)

ditch those web pages! it's only money ... ;)

tim