Re: [linux-audio-dev] Musical instrument samples library

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Musical instrument samples library
From: Peter L Jones (peter_AT_drealm.org.uk)
Date: Mon Oct 28 2002 - 21:08:25 EET

On Monday 28 Oct 2002 14:20, Steve Harris wrote:
> Recorded in an anechoic chamber at 44.1/16, stored by octave and
> modulation.
>
> http://theremin.music.uiowa.edu/MIS.html
>
> "Please feel free to use these samples in your research or music projects
> without restriction. You may also cite as a reference, link to our page
> from another web page, or provide a link in a publication using the
> following URL"...
>
> Would be very useful for a linux soft sampler projects, hint hint ;)
>
> - Steve

:-) Not quite a GM Soundfont's worth of samples...

And I suspect someone here... is as interested in the balloon pop as anything
else! :-)

I have to say I'd like a GM Soundfont with these characteristics so that any
additional effects could be added by subsequent plugins (or, indeed, the
playback/performance environment, with a big enough speaker system, I
suppose...). My current SFs are way too fancy (but they sound real nice on
my PC monitor speakers...).

-- Peter