[linux-audio-dev] recognition, sort of

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] recognition, sort of
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 20:14:59 EET

Ron Kuper, VP of Engineering at Cakewalk writes, on vst-plugins:

That said, we would welcome any effort to unify
VST/DirectX/DMO/OPT/MFX/ReWire/TDM/RTAS/MAS/AU/JACK/LADSPA/... ad-infinitum
into a single cross-platform plugin API, developed and maintained by an
appropriate trade organization or standards group. The proliferation of
incompatible standards makes VHS vs. Betamax look like child's play. Our
industry needs to unite on this point for more reasons than I can list here.

Whoa! Someone's paying attention! We love you Ron! When can we get
Sonar on Linux? :))

--p