[linux-audio-dev] re: chebychev

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] re: chebychev
From: Bill Schottstaedt (bil_AT_ccrma.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 13:28:47 EET

> good god. know an alternative source for calculating the
> coefficients? Bill?

The classic article, in this context, is

"Digital Waveshaping Synthesis"
Marc Le Brun JAES 1979 April, vol 27, no 4, p250

Daniel Arfib, at the same time but independently, did similar work --
I don't know a reference. I think DiPoli wrote a good overview --
perhaps in Roads "The Music Machine"?

CLM has code both for the table-oriented and polynomial-oriented
approaches. There's an example "brighten" instrument in clm.html.