[linux-audio-dev] amp modelling

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] amp modelling
From: Stuart Allie (allies_AT_hydstra.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 05:19:51 EET

Steve wrote:

> Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 16:39:02 +0000
> From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk>

> Yeah, I'm thinking we're not tackling it right, if behringer can knock out
> a virtual amp harware box for E150 it can't the that cycle hungry.

There's a good chance I could get my hands on a Behringer V Amp 2 for as
long as I need it. If I did, I'd be able to run whatever signal I liked
through it and try different amp/speaker settings, different gain levels,
etc. and produce a lot of data that would hopefully be of use in trying to
produce some sort of "amp modelling" ladspa plugin.

I'm open to suggestions as to what would be the most useful things to
measure, and what to vary across measurements.

My first thoughts were:
- a range of pure tones, say starting at 440Hz and going up 3 octaves,
- ~5 gain levels,
- ~5 amp/speaker simulations,

That'd give us 100 "data points" to work with when it comes to testing our
models.

Comments anybody?

Stuart