Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: Cheby amp code
From: Paul Winkler (pw_lists_AT_slinkp.com)
Date: Mon Nov 04 2002 - 21:10:14 EET

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 06:39:33PM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:

> Do you have any thoughts on trying to gather transfer functions
> with saws by any chance?

Circular saw? Skillsaw? Seriously, this stuff is beyond me.
I know diddley-squat about DSP.

> For the record my current guess for an amp process is:
>
> .-> bandpass -> shaper -. .--- LP <--.
> | | v |
> input -> EQ? -+-> bandpass -> shaper -+-> delay -> EQ ---> output
> | |
> `-> bandpass -> shaper -'

well, we'd have to try it and see :)

the delay w/ lp in feedback - is that basically
how you make a resonant lopass filter?

> dont bother. The EQ? could be optional if you have enough bandpasses.

Sure, if there is pre-shaper and post-shaper gain for each
band then that's your EQ. Lot of parameters to control,
though.

--

Paul Winkler http://www.slinkp.com "Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"