RE: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler vs Halion PR war

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] Gigasampler vs Halion PR war
From: Mark Knecht (mknecht_AT_controlnet.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 02:05:28 EET

> In the spirit of full disclosure, I am not a lawyer, am a multiple
patent
> holder in the US and Japan (not sure about the EU) and am only speaking
from
> experience. My opinions are my own and do not represent any form of legal
> guidance.

Patent holder?? GET HIM! Good thing you didn't post on slashdot.

Taybin
********
LOL!! Well, my name is on a number of patents, including one (#6,457,152)
accepted by the Patent Office a few weeks ago. (Also post-1996 - #6,356,099,
#6,240,480, Pre-1996 I just don't remember, but there were a few.) However,
I own no rights to any of them as when we sign employment agreements here in
the US we sign away all right to anything we invent while being paid by the
company we work for. Nice 'eh? ;)

Taybin - I pick my fights carefully. I don't even *visit* slashdot from a
computer that knows my name! ;-)