Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] JACK Rack 1.0

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ANN] JACK Rack 1.0
From: Paul Davis (paul_AT_linuxaudiosystems.com)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 02:51:58 EET

>On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 23:59, Steve Harris wrote:
>> Its not the app that needs skinning per se, its the plugins, there is a
>> proposed GUI standard (LCP), but its not really implemented, there are 2
>> GUIs, but no host to support them.
>
>Where is this standard?

this message (uncharacteristically for steve) is a bit confused. there
are several proposed "standards":

1) XML description of a plugin GUI

   should be at: http://www.ladspa.org/ladspaxmlgui.dtd
   but its not. ask me and i'll mail the most recent version
   i can find.

2) LADSPA Control Protocol (LCP) - a protocol for a remote process
         to control the control ports of a LADSPA plugin

   http://www.op.net/~pbd/lcp-0.2.0.tar.gz

3) methods of establishing a GUI for a plugin

   discussions on this list over the last year or so.

--p